The job has expired.
Our IT team are vital to our business in many ways.
Not only do they assist their colleagues across the business by supporting and enabling everything from desktop computers and networking to managing infrastructure, they also take care of cyber security and develop applications.
How they do all that is just as important: our IT teams provide services that are bespoke, cost-effective, secure and reliable. They also look ahead to see how IT can help the business to implement strategy and be an enabler for both efficiency and success.
The IT team offers a wide variety of roles and opportunities to work at the forefront of technology using the very latest toolsets. In return, their development is supported and they’re encouraged and enabled to maintain their evolving knowledge in line with innovation.
If this is your opportunity to join us, you’ll find we offer a supportive, rewarding and friendly working environment where you’ll be empowered to build a career. Along the way, you’ll be invested in, be enabled by the latest technology and find that we’re always interested in evolving our systems and processes so that we get even better, every day.
You will enjoy a package of benefits designed to reward your hard work and incentivise your ambition. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, company pension scheme, protective clothing where required, an Employee Assistance Programme and a managed back care programme.
Western Power Distribution is an equal opportunities employer, a Disability level 1 Employer and a corporate signatory of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) programme. Our desire is to bring in more employees from diverse backgrounds to build further on our inclusive culture. We value and celebrate individual difference and we believe that an inclusive culture will help the business grow as a positive, strong and innovative company.
An opportunity has arisen for a SharePoint Specialist based in Exeter.
Working within IR Applications you will be undertaking the duties of a subject matter expert (SME) and owner for the internal Microsoft (MS) SharePoint product set. You will carry out and take a leading role on all SharePoint tasks required for project life-cycles and system ownership.
*Please note the successful candidate may start on a lower salary of £42,054 until all necessary training is completed.
If you are offered a position, you will be required to complete and provide a satisfactory basic DBS check that shows any unspent convictions or conditional cautions.
To enhance your candidate experience, we recommend using Google Chrome to complete your online application. Should you have any questions regarding this or require additional support to complete your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accountable to the Senior Team Manager or Superior.
- Ownership and management of system infrastructure, hierarchy, interfaces and technical documentation.
- To manage upgrade program, system controls/scripting, outages and take ownership of technical issues, liaising with customers and 3rd Parties as necessary.
- Responsible for software development projects, support and/or implementation including applications/solutions, workflows, webparts, extensions and custom functionality.
- Responsible for environmental support (e.g. project plans and tools etc.).
- To manage workload, support, delegate to and guide more junior staff as appropriate.
- To provide Out of Hours and Standby cover as necessary.
- To assist in system auditing, reporting and monitoring.
- To undertake analysis, produce system designs and prepare program specifications including hosting any necessary meetings.
- To identify own development needs and request development opportunities.
- To liaise with other departments as appropriate, providing and delivering training programs where required.
- To ensure compliance of staff with the Health and Safety at work requirements, including fire and emergency precautions.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and part professional qualification is desirable. You will also have up to 5 years relevant experience and have experience working with several computing languages and tools. Technical knowledge and experience in SharePoint is essential.
You will have good knowledge of the relationship between an IT department and the User community. The successful candidate will have good analytical, supervisory and motivational skills as well as good interpersonal skills, self-confidence and personal drive.